Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Two years ago today (on our wedding day), Forrest told me that "for the rest of our lives as a married couple, today will be the day we love each other the least." Over these past couple of years, I have come to realize exactly what he meant. I truly believe our marriage just keeps getting better, stronger, and even easier. We have grown so much since day one and just feel very proud of our relationship and what we have become. I love Forrest so much and know that we will just continue to love each other more as we share our lives together.

Okay, I know enough with the mush talk! I wanted to go ahead and post a pic of my new wedding band that Forrest is going to symbolically put on my hand tonight. It looks a lot like his but gold instead of titanium. I like the idea of wearing just a simple classic band and it is great for nursing school.

Tonight we are going out to dinner to one of my favorite restaurants, Luigis. Afterwards, we are beginning a new tradition where we read the anniversary prayer together every year on our anniversary. I blogged about it a long time ago, but on our last anniversary (first year), he bought me this framed "Anniversary Prayer" that we have hanging in our living room. I know the new tradition might sound silly but remember now, we are Aggies and that is what we do best!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Sister that is so sweet. I love that your wedding song comes on first and while I read about your anniversary. I love you and hope you have a great night!

The McCoys said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the poem, I'm not technically and Aggie and I LOVE traditions too!

Donna Homire said...

" HAPPY ANNIVERSARY "
I see your Blessings, your love and respect for each other. I see your setting traditions and goals for your future. I see the choices you are making in your marriage will get you through the tough times. I see two people I am very proud of and wish you both the very best.

Love you,
MommaBird Homire ")

ryan and danielle said...

so sweet meg!! can't believe it's already been two years! hope you guys had a great night and I love your wedding band as well!! HAPPY ANNIERSARY

Followers