Thursday, October 1, 2009

Nursing Milestone

Today was a big day for A&M nursing students. Matt picked me up at six this morning and we headed off to the St. Joseph’s hospital where we would begin our very first day of clinicals! At this time, we only shadowed nurses as they went about their usual routine and slowly we will begin to have more responsibilities and interaction with the patients. I think besides learning about the computer system today, I only moved about two food trays out of the rooms! Guess you have to start somewhere!

Overall it was a great experience and is only going to get better. I am really looking forward to being a nurse and the good thing is- if I get a job at St. Jo’s I will already know my way around!

We have clinicals every Thursday so more stories to come!

First day of clinicals edited

2 comments:

DASH Photography said...

Awesome Megan! You are going to be a great nurse! Can't wait to hear more about the Thursday adventures! :)

Donna Homire said...

Megan,
Your hard work is paying off. You have been so committed and dedicated to your studies. I can tell this is very important to you by the awesome grades you are making on your test. There are going to be a lot of people who's path will cross yours and you will be a little blessing in their lives.

Followers