Monday, October 12, 2009

Scarecrow Festival

I love October. I get in the most festive mood, wanting to decorate the house and find good comfort food recipes. Last weekend, I went with the girls (Cheri, Amberly, Aunt Dede, and Nena) to the Scarecrow Festival in Chappell Hill. It was cold outside, there were all kinds of crafty things, and everything you could get to eat came on a stick. It was so fun and neat! I bought a little scarecrow decoration for the yard and put the rest of my harvest decorations up in the house. As far as recipes go- I found a few good ones on Rachel Ray’s website. I cooked one tonight- a Chicken, Biscuits ‘n’ Gravy casserole and it was delicious! Easy to make and plenty of left overs. I still want to find some festive ones for Halloween so if anyone has any suggestions let me know!

Scarecrow Festival 009

Scarecrow Festival 010

Scarecrow Festival 011

Scarecrow Festival 012

Scarecrow Festival 014

Scarecrow Festival 032

Scarecrow Festival 023

Scarecrow Festival 020

Scarecrow Festival 022

Casserole 

Link for recipe: Chicken, Biscuits 'n' Gravy Casserole

1 comment:

Snider Family said...

Sis I love all the decorations! I can't wait to buy fun things like that for the holidays!

And I am going to the store tonight - Chicken Biscuit Casserole is what we are having tonight!

Followers