Saturday, November 19, 2011

21+ Weeks

It has only been about a week since my last post but already a lot has happened since then. Some are minor , some major, but all seeming significant being that everything is new to us. Here are a few things that I am finding so much joy in right now.

1. Setting up a Baby Registry  
Which includes talking with other Moms (aka joining the Mommy club) and researching reviews online. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations, I would gladly love to hear them.

2. Planning and shopping for Her nursery
So far I have purchased Her crib bedding, curtains, and a lamp. I have found some things online but am just trying to buy a little at a time. We will be using Reagan's furniture from when she was a baby so fortunately and thanks to the Sniders we will not be needing to buy hardly any furniture.


3. Organizing
I wouldn't say I am necessarily "nesting" (who knows maybe I already am), but I am just really worried about space. I know we have a lot of new things to bring in so I just want to make sure I have a place for everything to go. 

4. Looking in Her closet at the first few outfits I have bought for Her
I have a feeling this empty closet will fill up fast. I am on the look out for a cute, small armoire that can help with closet space. My favorite outfit so far is a little Hanna Anderson onesie I purchased last week. It is so soft... I can't wait to see Her in it. 


5. Doing some belly growing 
People at work always ask me to lift my shirt so they can see my belly in the nude. I guess it makes sense that L&D nurses love to see a pregnant belly. I experienced my first stranger asking me "when are you due?" last week or so. Up until then, I think people were just too unsure to ask. Since then,  I get comments and questions all the time. Many of my patients say "Aww, you're pregnant too!?"



6. Feeling Her move (Quite possibly my favorite to talk about)
Up until about week 20, I had occasionally felt something but was not completely confident that that was what it was. It was around 20 weeks and a few days that I was sitting on the couch after dinner and felt a kick and some fluttering. I knew immediately what it was and was so excited. Since then, I feel Her move all the time and honestly, look forward to it. I absolutely love the feeling.

7. Having baby conversations with Forrest
I never want to forget the simple conversation Forrest and I text on the phone recently when I called Her by the name we had talked about and he said "Ah Bird, I guess we have selected the name :) " and I said "well only if you love too" and he said "I do :) "  I am so glad we so easily fell in love with the same name. It was an easy decision for us. 

Anyways, that is the scoop with me/us. A little sappy, sorry, but these are things I will love to look back and read one day. Hope everyone has a great weekend and Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Followers